Send a news on Identi.ca or Twitter

Request new functionality here
mathdabomb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Send a news on Identi.ca or Twitter

Postby mathdabomb » 09 Apr 2010, 00:39

When you read a news, and you want to publish it on your Identi.ca or twitter account, you click on an icon to send a message and the news tiny url.

you can find API for :

good luck !

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Send a news on Identi.ca or Twitter

Postby fox » 09 Apr 2010, 09:21

I'm sorry, but supporting twitter or any other random social services there might be is, as far as I'm concerned, beyond the scope of tt-rss.

MattKatz
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby MattKatz » 26 Apr 2010, 17:54

If I implement it as an optional config would you be willing to include it in the distribution? I could use this functionality.

I would include it as an option under the user preferences page.

Status Messages
API: http://identi.ca/api
User: mattkatz
Pass: soopersecrit

The other option I might take is to just use oauth because it is the preferred way to post to twitter/identi.ca

If status messages are configured, on each item I could then put a field similar to the Published Notes link. It would function similarly.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 26 Apr 2010, 18:51

Like I said, I don't see how this is going to happen in trunk. Two main reasons:

1) You can easily solve this problem using bookmarklets or browser extensions on the client side or with an exported RSS feed on the server side (for example, using the Published feed).

2) This is going to open floodgates and all the kids from facebook or digg or twitter or whatever will come crawling out of the woodwork and demand support for their favourite sites and I'll never hear the end of it while cluttering the codebase with piles upon piles of junk.

3) I have a policy of not adding site-specific hacks to tt-rss.

Return to “Feature requests”