Migrating from GoogleReader, feeds get desorganized

Questions about http://online.tt-rss.org go here
conzeit
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Migrating from GoogleReader, feeds get desorganized

Postby conzeit » 22 Oct 2011, 23:16

I think it's really important that when you migrate from Greader which is the largest cloud feed that does the same service, that the transition is as smooth as possible, but when I export my feeds in opml they all become scrambled and lose the folders in which they were contained. I happen to have a lot of feeds and would like to import from more than one google account so this is a big drawback for me, it would be quite a chore to reorganize everything again.

Thank you for giving spy-less rss a chance and working for the freedom of us all =)

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Migrating from GoogleReader, feeds get desorganized

Postby fox » 22 Oct 2011, 23:40

Maybe you need to enable categories in the preferences. Otherwise, google reader does something weird with OPML because tt-rss certainly can import OPML categories.

conzeit
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby conzeit » 23 Oct 2011, 00:15

oop. Thanks for the prompt response =) Ok, with all the preference options I missed that one, worked like a charm =). maybe have enabled it by default?

briandamage
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby briandamage » 18 Nov 2011, 19:30

I wasn't able to import my greader OPML at all. I tried twice and after 45 minutes I cancelled it and only 4 or 5 of my 40+ feeds had been imported. Maybe this is a problem with one of my feeds. In the end I had to the feeds manually which took 10 minutes or so.

seul
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby seul » 19 Nov 2011, 14:33

Have you tried a different browser? I had similar problems in Firefox (although no error) and had an error in Chromium but no problems. Weird, but maybe try it if you haven't yet.

Return to “Online”