Bookmarklet for Sharing with myself

Request new functionality here
fote98
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Bookmarklet for Sharing with myself

Postby fote98 » 09 Apr 2013, 11:47

Hi

First of all it's a great feature to share any page with a bookmarklet. I can see all pages under special feeds, published and archived.
Would it be possible to add a bookmarklet the way that they can be seen in archived only?

I'd like the way to save pages just for me and don't want to share them with others.

Andre

Saliency
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Bookmarklet for Sharing with myself

Postby Saliency » 09 Apr 2013, 18:15

On my insistence I have a hack of a solution.

I added a new button stared and cloned create_published_article. A lot of duplicate code though. Probably a better way.

At some point I plan to look at the actions used to set things stared or published. It is probably better to create a published article and then unpublish it after with the function fox uses. I also need to learn gitHub and get php running on my local box. My coding environment is vi and grep, lol.

fote98
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby fote98 » 09 Apr 2013, 21:21

Thanks for your reply.

It isn't a matter of better or worse. It's just my preference.

vi and grep? Quite basic :)

wideaperture
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby wideaperture » 13 Jun 2013, 01:17

I'd also like to request that this feature be implemented in the official version of the application. One of the primary reasons I chose tt-rss during the GReader exodus is its ability to generate published feeds. I use these in my classes to provide my students with a feed of course-related news. If I come across a webpage that I'd like to share that's not part of one of my subscribed feeds, I'd still like to be able to add it to the outgoing published feed.

Rather than a bookmarklet specifically, though, perhaps it'd be most straightforward to simply add support to the main application/API for adding one-off items in addition to feeds. Then, using the API folks could write their own bookmarks and browser extensions to take advantage of this sharing functionality as they see fit. I'd be happy to write a bookmarklet and/or a Chrome extension, for example, if there was a supported API method for adding one-off webpages to one's tt-rss items.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 13 Jun 2013, 01:29

wiki - share anything

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

wideaperture
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby wideaperture » 13 Jun 2013, 01:35

Ah, now I see it. Thanks so much and sorry for not digging further before posting. Here's the direct link should others find it helpful.

Return to “Feature requests”