Difference in behavior between one-column and two-column mode

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Difference in behavior between one-column and two-column mode

Postby fox » 16 Apr 2016, 08:19

how did you determine that an article was "missed" (i'm still not sure what this means)?

>Then when you swip on the right, it loads one article by one article. And, after 20 or 30 articles (i will be more careful next time), all the set of articles on the left disapear, and we start at the first one of the second loaded set (at the top of the list).

i'm not sure how you managed to get this

what should happen is that a new set of articles (30) is loaded in background and appended to both fragments seamlessly, which is the behavior i'm getting here. nothing is loaded "by one" or w/e, that would be really stupid.

so if that works differently for you we'll have to figure out how to replicate this first

hg8739
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby hg8739 » 17 Apr 2016, 21:58

I tried the latest release on the playstore, again on tablet in landscape mode: on two occasions did the headline and article list spontaneously decide to refresh itself, i.e., any articles you have read disappear from the list and are lost unless you have starred them. I will use it again and see if is possible that I accidentally hit a button causing the refresh or it refreshed on its own due to e.g. some timing issue. If it did it on its own it is not good since you lose the articles preventing you from scrolling back to a previously read article to either star it or mark it unread before refreshing the list. I should also add that I usually read my articles using the selection "fresh articles" and not by category. Clearly the former has many more articles in the list, anywhere between 100 and 2000 depending on when I read articles last (I get around 500 per day).

fox

Postby fox » 17 Apr 2016, 23:01

>and article list spontaneously decide to refresh itself, i.e., any articles you have read disappear from the list and are lost unless you have starred them

1. it is impossible for anything to "disappear" in tt-rss, worst case scenario (if you had auto mark as read enabled and managed to scroll by something) articles in question are going to end up in recently read, if you don't have auto mark as read enabled, no amount of refreshing anything is going to mark anything you didn't manually select as read, it just doesn't work that way unless your device/OS literally malfunctions.

2. i'm not interested in armchair theories on why this problem happens, only thing i need is a set of instructions to reliably replicate your problem on a virtual device. if you can figure this out, i might be able to help further, if not you'll just have to endure.

hg8739
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby hg8739 » 18 Apr 2016, 15:56

Used tt-rss more yesterday and it several times spontaneously refreshed the headline list on the left removing all read articles when reading several hundred posts.

On one occasion the headline list and the articles on the right got completely out sync and the only way to resync is to back out and cause a refresh of the headline list and the articles.

hg8739
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby hg8739 » 20 Apr 2016, 12:56

Downloaded the latest version from the playstore and these bugs now seem to be fixed, worked flawlessly. Thank you.

darknite323
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby darknite323 » 20 Apr 2016, 16:30

Hi fox

The last couple of updates may have introduced another issue in the android app landscape view. Im on 1.176(410), latest on play store.

When in the feed view, that is list of feeds on the left with articles on the right, if i select a feed with only 1 article (im using Adaptive mode) the article list continually refreshes every second, I can't select the article, if there are 2-4 articles, 4 is what fits on my tablet screen perfectly, it's more usable but the refresh icon/animation keeps coming up at the centre-top of the article list, it's a bit unresponsive as well, probably a symptom, but it is usable.

If I get into the actual article list, so list of articles on the left and content on the right, i can see the same refresh issue on the article list.
If i open a feed with more articles it seems to work fine but if i scroll to the bottom of the list and leave it there it keeps trying to refresh again.

So basically seems to be a bug in the refresh code for the article list when in landscape, does not happen at all in portrait mode.
I'm not in a position to supply screenshots at the moment unfortunately :( but I'll see what I can do.

P.S. the sort button when viewing article content in landscape doesn't work, but that's a tiny propblem, works fine in the feed list.

fox

Postby fox » 20 Apr 2016, 16:47

lol i'll take a look i guess

next step is canning all this tablet shit because who uses android tablets anyway, get an ipad

e: issue confirmed, looks p funny imo

see this is why more people should beta test before i push my horrible code on everyone

e2: fix uploaded to play store

darknite323
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby darknite323 » 21 Apr 2016, 06:47

Thanks fox, works perfectly now.

Return to “Support”