Any thoughts, not sure to priority CPU cores, threads, GHz, RAM, I know i need SSDs clearly (+separate SATA or SSD only)?
If I'm to choose a server option capable of easily handling the following:
- TTR-SS running with PostgreSQL and updating around 3000 feeds continuously
- Custom CURL based scraper handling 500 sites without feed continuously
- Potentially Sphinx server to handle searching as data grows beyond using built in full text indexing of PostgreSQL
- Websites with 100.000 visits per month (light to medium load, easily running on £15 a month web host now, typical premium package)
- NGIX and MySQL server for general website (OpenCart eCommerce and regular news like site)
- Room to grow and not struggle with above tasks
E.g. the cheaper HOST-32L | Intel Xeon D | 4c/8t | 2.2/2.6 GHz |32GB RAM | 2x 480GB SSD Raid SOFT be still more than plenty or would I likely need more cores and RAM or faster CPU? https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/ any and all thoughts welcome as I know there's likely not a 100% right answer based on the limited information supplied.
** Just noticed I should have been smart enough to post this under Everything Else and not support, my bad, can be moved.