Scratching some itches of people who used and liked GReader

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
krosseyed
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Scratching some itches of people who used and liked GRea

Postby krosseyed » 28 Mar 2013, 22:44

nic wrote:So how do the dates differ? Or is it the sorting?

If it is the dates, maybe the timezone on your machine that runs tt-rss is off?

I believe it is how it is sorted out since these functions no longer work
-adding/removing starred articles
-viewing new archived articles
-seeing what I just read

However the search function for All Feeds works just fine and i can find new starred articles from there by tweaking the search parameters, just not the old ones.

I am a visual kind of guy, so I want to show you what I am seeing

This is how Starred, Archived, and Recently Viewed look to me
(ignore the fact the selector is on starred, they all look the same)

These are all the imported feeds from Google Reader. I am wondering if this is more trouble than it is worth to troubleshoot, and I should just trash the DB and start from scratch.

mstroud
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby mstroud » 29 Mar 2013, 00:48

I did a brief search of the forum and preferences but didn't find a feature/request for recreating the GReader 'scroll on click' behavior.

I used this all the time with GReader, so I made the following hack to try and recreate it:

Code: Select all

js/viewfeed.js
@@ -1655,6 +1655,7 @@ function cdmClicked(event, id) {
           elem.removeClassName("Unread");

setActiveArticleId(id);
+        cdmScrollToArticleId(id, true);

if (article_is_unread) {
           decrementFeedCounter(getActiveFeedId(), activeFeedIsCat());

This gets me what I want, but it's probably cleaner to make this behavior conditional on some preference setting - I just don't know enough about how TT-RSS is structured to make those edits yet.

sancho1234
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby sancho1234 » 31 Mar 2013, 22:50

nic wrote:The README (and the python script) are here: https://github.com/nhoening/gritttt-rss ... der-import

The size of mine gritttt-import.sql is 19.1MB. :D I can't import it with phpmyadmin.

And I tried to import in promt, but it has an database error: http://db.tt/D0Q0KNpq

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 01 Apr 2013, 00:32

Did you read what I wrote further down in the README?
> When importing a large file with SQL statements (and yours might already be pretty large), phpMyAdmin might by default abort after a while but should offer to resume. Depending on file size, multiple operations might be necessary, so read carefully what phpMyAdmin is telling you!

I had to let phpmyadmin pick up where it had given up multiple times.

Not sure what happens when you source the .sql file. Where do you tell your computer that these INSERT commands have to be run on a MySQL database? On the cmd line, you should probably import the .sql file with a command like this:

$ mysql -u username -p -h localhost DATA-BASE-NAME < gritttt-import.sql

If you're out of luck, fox has now written a plugin to do this import. Maybe that works better for you, but with 19.1 MB you probably also have to invoke it on the command line (he has instructions somewhere in here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1573).

sancho1234
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby sancho1234 » 01 Apr 2013, 01:16

nic wrote:Did you read what I wrote further down in the README?

$ mysql -u username -p -h localhost DATA-BASE-NAME < gritttt-import.sql

Yes, I read, but I'm a happy beginner. The fox version is not working for me, I don't know why.

I started the import porcess now...

And I'm very happy because it imported. :) But to my ID1... I'm going to transfer to ID2...

And I found a bug; the code table is bad, UTF8 coding problem: http://db.tt/RzTTbrPG How can I resolve it (or re-import with good characters)?

Thank you for your help! 8)

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 01 Apr 2013, 14:05

I'm not sure where your coding problem comes about. The screenshot also doesn't really give me information about the source of your problem. I know a guy who imported all his japanese articles successfully, so I was pretty happy with UTF-8 performance of this whole thing :\

Is this the same for a lot of articles or just some or one?

sancho1234
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby sancho1234 » 01 Apr 2013, 15:05

nic wrote:I'm not sure where your coding problem comes about. The screenshot also doesn't really give me information about the source of your problem. I know a guy who imported all his japanese articles successfully, so I was pretty happy with UTF-8 performance of this whole thing :\

Is this the same for a lot of articles or just some or one?

If the language of article is Hungarian, then the following characters showing badly on every imported post: "öüóőúűéáíÖÜÓŐÚŰÉÁÍ". All other (English) items showing are good coding. I tested the latest and 1st items also.

The coding of original RSS feeds is okay.

What is the sql name of imported (shared and starred) items? (ttrss_xxx ?) I would like to control coding these in phpmyadmin.

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 02 Apr 2013, 01:36

Have you told phpmyadmin that the encoding of the .sql file you are importing is UTF-8? I remember there was a way to do that when you choose the file to import.

What is the sql name of imported (shared and starred) items? (ttrss_xxx ?) I would like to control coding these in phpmyadmin.

Not sure what you mean here.

Return to “Support”