Development-related discussion, including bundled plugins
G2TT-mobile
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: G2TT - A Google inspired mobile interface

Postby G2TT-mobile » 14 Apr 2013, 21:12

Tobi wrote:In index.html you have to edit the path from:

Code: Select all

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="/tt-rss/m/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png" />

to:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png" />

my ttrss installation is placed in a folder called "rss", thats why it can't find/display the png ;)

WHAT?! Not everyone does it exactly like me? Newest version has the path fixed. Thanks.

Tobi wrote:another cool feature to add would be retina optimized graphics of your interface, just sayin...

I don't have retina devices to test on, but I added the different sizes (57x57, 72x72, 114x114, 144x144) if someone wants to verify it works and is better.

jonb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jonb » 14 Apr 2013, 23:55

You should definitely not be seeing this in the version I posted in this thread as it is no longer PHP and the main page is index.htm (which is less than 792 lines).

Holy cow, how did I miss this new version? Sorry about that! It's working great now -- thanks for the effort you've put it

Tobi
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tobi » 15 Apr 2013, 00:49

G2TT-mobile wrote:
Tobi wrote:another cool feature to add would be retina optimized graphics of your interface, just sayin...

I don't have retina devices to test on, but I added the different sizes (57x57, 72x72, 114x114, 144x144) if someone wants to verify it works and is better.

ok that's a misunderstanding. i meant all the icons of the interface (those that are in 'mobile-sprite.png').
the touch-icon already worked correctly in the previous version.

G2TT-mobile
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby G2TT-mobile » 15 Apr 2013, 04:15

Tobi wrote:ok that's a misunderstanding. i meant all the icons of the interface (those that are in 'mobile-sprite.png').
the touch-icon already worked correctly in the previous version.

Whoops. I'm not a graphic artist and the mobile-sprite used comes from Google. If someone wants to "retina-ize" it I'd gladly include it.

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 15 Apr 2013, 05:06

Would it be possible to add an option to load more articles at one time? I like to load as many as I can and then go through them quickly. I star the articles I want to read later. Sometimes I can have a couple hundred articles to go through and it would take a while if I have to only load 10 at a time.

G2TT-mobile
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby G2TT-mobile » 15 Apr 2013, 06:00

Aldursil wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to load more articles at one time? I like to load as many as I can and then go through them quickly. I star the articles I want to read later. Sometimes I can have a couple hundred articles to go through and it would take a while if I have to only load 10 at a time.

You are trying to avoid the load times of clicking "Load more items..." (the app loads 15 at a time). Changing the number loaded is an easy code edit, but adding this as an option(s) to the menu would expand the menu quite a bit.

If you want to increase the number per load edit line 223 in js/g2tt.js in the current version

223         data.limit = 15;

to

223         data.limit = 60;

The current APIs state that the getHeadlines call is limited to 60 articles in one return.

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 15 Apr 2013, 06:13

Thanks

phoopee3
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby phoopee3 » 15 Apr 2013, 16:30

Why don't you add a config file with a variable that you can call from the g2tt.js file that allows the user to configure the path to their ttrss install? I didn't want to have to reinstall every time I upgraded ttrss (which i need to do...) so I just went through and changed the 2 or three lines where you reference "../api" in g2tt.js and put in my path to ttrss.

otherwise this is freaking amazing.

Eclipse75048
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Eclipse75048 » 15 Apr 2013, 19:12

Awesome job! I had the login issue, but was able to fix that with the tweak earlier in the thread and was able to get right in.

But I'm having the following issue now--I can log in. I can see "All Items" and all of my categories. If I click on a category, I get a list of all of the feeds with new items. However, if I select the feed, it doesn't show any of the items.

Individual items are shown if I select "All Items" at the top of all feeds, and even at the top of a category, but if I go down to the individual feed, I get 0 items displayed.

Anyone else seeing that? Any clue how to fix?

But to reiterate--I freaking love this! Exactly what I wanted to see for my iPhone viewing pleasure!

G2TT-mobile
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby G2TT-mobile » 15 Apr 2013, 21:32

phoopee3 wrote:Why don't you add a config file with a variable that you can call from the g2tt.js file that allows the user to configure the path to their ttrss install? I didn't want to have to reinstall every time I upgraded ttrss (which i need to do...) so I just went through and changed the 2 or three lines where you reference "../api" in g2tt.js and put in my path to ttrss.

Latest version on GitHub now supports this. At the top of js/g2tt.js is a variable 'global_ttrssUrl' which is currently set to '/tt-rss'. This should allow you to place G2TTRSS anywhere on your domain as long as this variable is set to the root of your TT-RSS install.

phoopee3
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby phoopee3 » 15 Apr 2013, 22:36

thanks!

tmknight
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby tmknight » 16 Apr 2013, 16:49

Brilliant!!! What would it take to permit the "toolbar/navbar" to hover/persist while scrolling? Further what would it take to make it a toggle via menu setting?

Thoughts?

G2TT-mobile
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby G2TT-mobile » 17 Apr 2013, 06:04

tmknight, You want this for quick access to the menu? I know on iOS products just tapping the top of the screen takes to you the top of the page and then you can access the menu. The coding wouldn't be a problem at all but since this is aimed at mobile browsers (iOS is my use case) I want to minimize clutter in the menu.

Essentially: Make a good case for it.

Alternatively, I could provide you with the code and you could have this as a personal feature if it is really something you desire.

phoopee3
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby phoopee3 » 17 Apr 2013, 17:29

Or maybe you could code a floating button that allows access to the menu, but it's not displayed in a title bar. Like once you scroll down, the bar scrolls off, and the button appears. Could be interesting. Could be ugly :)

G2TT-mobile
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby G2TT-mobile » 17 Apr 2013, 20:19

phoopee3 wrote:Or maybe you could code a floating button that allows access to the menu

Also very doable and even easier than the whole bar, but again, why do this? What in the menu are people looking to access in the middle of the page? All the menu items delete all the articles and put new ones there, so there is no current view to preserve by avoiding jumping to the top.

Is the issue that not all mobile devices have a "jump to the top" ability like iOS tap the top of the screen to jump to the top of the page?

Return to “Development”