Bug Report

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
ux2063
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Bug Report

Postby ux2063 » 30 Apr 2013, 06:21

Well, the program tells me to send an error report.
It is filed as: http://tt-rss.org/report.php?view=f7384 ... 66beea9adc

I can't exactly provide a context. It's just not starting and immediately throwing the error report.

It's throwing "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent" all over the place.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Bug Report

Postby fox » 30 Apr 2013, 09:10

You have extra lines or characters outside of <?php ... ?> tags in config.php, fix it.

phz
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: Bug Report

Postby phz » 30 Apr 2013, 12:54

ux2063 wrote:Well, the program tells me to send an error report.
It is filed as: http://tt-rss.org/report.php?view=f7384 ... 66beea9adc

I can't exactly provide a context. It's just not starting and immediately throwing the error report.

It's throwing "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent" all over the place.

As above poster says — there is output (i.e. any character) outside of the PHP tags, which will be input in the HTTP stream before the needed headers (supposed to tell the client what kind of content is coming) have been sent. See this SO question for a lot more information. Some editors, most famously Notepad on Windows, are notoriously problematic. If you have run the file through Notepad, that might very well be the problem.

One way to make sure there are no stray characters after the closing tag is to simply skip it in files like these. It is not wrong, and actually some sort of "mandatory best practice" by PSR-2 for PHP only files for this very reason.

Return to “Support”