tt-rss online experiencing issues today

Questions about http://online.tt-rss.org go here
ginahoy
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

tt-rss online experiencing issues today

Postby ginahoy » 02 Oct 2012, 23:30

tt-rss online has been acting up today. Sometimes it will load (although it may takes minutes) and actions are very sluggish, and sometimes generate error messages. Here's an example:

http://tt-rss.org/report.php?view=1e2e6 ... 7f6dda2032

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: tt-rss online experiencing issues today

Postby fox » 03 Oct 2012, 00:25

Possibly too many users at once, it's an old PC.

Edit: I have disabled new user registrations on Online and have removed its mention from the main wiki page, no new users will be allowed on it anymore.

paddlaren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby paddlaren » 13 Oct 2012, 11:00

Hi!

There has been some issues over the past 2 weeks, both from the web-client and the android app.

I can load the page and browse through my feeds and suddenly things goes very slow and the feed reports error "Could not update headlines (invalid object received - see error console for details)".
On the android app I get timeout and has to reload very often.

I have not placed any trouble ticket but can do if that will help.

I am VERY fond of my tt-rss, this really saves my day and allow me to use feeds in ways Google Reader won't. I put my faith in that the stability issues is manageable. I makes my day that I managed to get an account on online.

BR
Erik

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 15 Oct 2012, 10:28

Looking by the logs, you (or someone else) might have ran into HTMLPurifier hang bug (it has been discussed before on the forum, look it up).

Code: Select all

2012-10-14 13:19:08: (mod_fastcgi.c.2701) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execut
ion time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/virtual/online.tt-rss.org/htdocs/lib/htmlpurif
ier/library/HTMLPurifier/Strategy/MakeWellFormed.php on line 493

What this might mean is that you have some article HTML content which makes htmlpurifier hang while processing it. Which serves as a DOS attack because all process slots are busy with hang php processes.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative to htmlpurifier and it is providing a valuable service protecting users from various HTML-based attacks and whatnot, so I prefer to keep using it in trunk. I have disabled it on Online for the time being, let's see if this helps.

paddlaren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby paddlaren » 15 Oct 2012, 20:12

Is it possible to trace what feed causes the problem? And what user?

BR
Erik

Return to “Online”